Did this Star Wars fan figure out the plot line to the The Force Awakens?
Since the announcement of three new Star Wars movies that sent fans into a tizzy, many have wondered the potential plot-line of a movie set years after Return of the Jedi. Director J.J. Abrams and Disney have been extremely tight-lipped and brought the hammer on any potential leaks, even on GuysGirl’s Twitter account, which has left many to wonder just what the hell The Force Awakens could be about.
But one Star Wars fan simply couldn’t wait for the December release and decided to analyze every trailer released, piece it together and come up with a plausible chronological movie plot-line.
POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD
I know some fans want to avoid any hint as to what the The Force Awakens plot may consist of and if you fall into that group, click off this article and don’t watch the video.
But you can, ya know, click around to other articles that are spoiler-free.
*Keep Going for possible plot-line and trailer to The Force Awakens*
YouTuber Mike V. took Teaser 1, Teaser 2, Theatrical Trailer, Asian Theatrical Trailer, and TV Spot 1 to create the following timeline that could hint at many things such as Rey and Kylo Ren are the rumored Solo Twins from the expanded universe or taking a shot in the dark by declaring Jar Jar Binks as a Sith Lord.
Here’s his edited trailer followed by the plot-line breakdown:
– Poe Dameron (with BB-8) is sent by Leia to Jakku to find Rey.
– Kylo Ren and The First Order arrive on Jakku. They attack a village and Poe is captured. BB-8 escapes.
– Poe is brought to the Star Destroyer, Finalizer, that is in orbit of Jakku.
– Kylo Ren tortures Poe and uses the Force to extract information from him.
– Finn witnesses Poe being tortured. Having a crisis of conscience, Finn decides to help free Poe (Poe’s blood is on Finn’s helmet). Finn ends up with Poe’s jacket.
– Finn and Poe both flee in separate TIE fighters, but Finn’s TIE Fighter takes damage and crash lands on Jakku.
– Rey is going about her day, scavenging from the remains of the Star Destroyer, Inflictor. She encounters BB-8.
– Kylo Ren regroups with the rest of the First Order to witness the test fire of their new superweapon, Star Killer Base.
– Rey and BB-8 eventually encounter Finn.
– The First Order attack the trio and they then are aided by Han Solo and Chewbacca.
– The group uses the Millennium Falcon to escape Jakku.
– The group formally meet each other and then go to Takodana to meet Maz Kanata in her castle.
– Maz Kanata senses that Rey is Force sensitive and discusses this with her.
– The First Order is made aware of the groups location and attacks Maz Kanata’s castle, leaving it in ruins. Kylo Ren looks for Rey and captures her.
– Poe and the Resistance lead a rescue party, which starts the Battle of Takodana. All are rescued except for Rey, who is taken to Starkiller Base.
– The Resistance Regroups. Maz Kanata gives Anakin/Luke’s lightsaber to Leia.
– The Resistance plans a rescue of Rey as well as an attack on Star Killer Base.
– The Battle of Star Killer Base ensues.
– Kylo Ren faces Finn in lightsaber combat and emerges victorious (whether Finn survives remains to be seen).
– Rey finally accepts her Force abilities and faces Kylo Ren.
– Luke senses the “Awakening” of the Force in Rey. (Not really sure this clip goes here but it makes the most sense to me).
What do you think? Did he miss anything?
I’m someone who’s too impatient to be surprised and want to know everything I possibly can prior to the movie release. Even though this plot-line makes a ton of sense, I wouldn’t put it past JJ and crew to completely blow away any and all fan theories.
But what do you think about this potential chronological order? Let us know in the comments or by sending us a Tweet.