1. Dress appropriately. Both for the weather and for the crowd.
2. A couple days before the game, make a guy you work with (or your sports-loving girlfriend) give you CliffsNotes of the matchup.
3. Use those CliffsNotes to come up a couple (good) topics/questions you can use on that hot guy at the tailgate.
He’ll be impressed you actually know something about the game, and you’ll be relieved you look impressive.
4. About 30-45 minutes into the day, make a bathroom (or, God forbid, porta potty) trip with your girlfriend to recap the tailgate/social scene.
You’ll probably want to make another one of these trips during the game, too.
5. You should always have a drink in hand when you’re tailgating.
6. But you should never become that girl. Or, as I like to call them, a “Whoo Girl.”
7. You know what keeps you from becoming a Whoo Girl? Eating at the tailgate.
8. Even if you really don’t like football and/or don’t care about the game, just watch it.
9. Be up for a post-game bar outing.
10. Just remember to play it cool.