Contributed by Michael & Valerie Brumleve
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 pound bulk spicy sausage
- One pack Carroll’s Chili Mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- 3 cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cans of water
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and spicy sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
Pour in the cans of water, Carrol’s Chili Mix, chili beans, tomato sauce and onions. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least two hours, stirring occasionally.
After two hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve. To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Add spaghetti noodles to your chili to add some substance or simply use saltine crackers.