- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 cup julienned red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup roasted and chopped red bell pepper
- 1 roasted chicken, de-boned and shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 5 ounces mozzarella, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes, for garnish
- 4 sourdough rolls, warmed
Layer two (15-inch) sheets of heavy aluminum foil together and fold 1/4-inch of the edges together to create one sheet. Repeat with another two pieces of foil, to create two double-foiled sheets. Bend the edges of one of the sheets up two inches, to help keep the liquid in the foil.
On a double sheet of foil, layer (in this order), the oil, onions, jalapeno, red bell peppers, chicken, salt and pepper, garlic, cilantro, cheeses, lemon juice, and tequila.
Put the second, double-layered foil sheet on top of the layered ingredients. Fold both double layered sheets of foil together in 1/4-inch folds, four times. When all the sides are folded together, make sure the pouch is not leaking. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
To cook preheat the oven or grill to 250 degrees. Remove the foil pouch from the refrigerator and put on the grill, being careful not to snag the foil pouch and tear it open. Grill for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
Remove the pouch from the grill and slice the bag open. Garnish with the tomatoes, cilantro, and Parmesan and serve on warmed rolls.