Yes, it’s that time again. Apple is releasing a new iPhone — the iPhone 6s and its big sister, the iPhone 6s Plus. With your new phone, you are going to want to add a few new iOS-exclusive games to your arsenal.
But, before we look at the new iPhone 6s games, we should first examine this new phone’s gaming capabilities and optimized features.
iPhone 6s Upgrades and Features
As expected, Apple didn’t make many changes to the iPhone 6s’ exterior design. They did, however, upgrade the phone’s body to aerospace-grade aluminum and made the glass much sturdier. The biggest visual difference you’ll notice is that the phone is now available in a new color (rose gold).
The iPhone 6s’ interior hardware is where things get a little more exciting for mobile gamers. These are a few of the features that will change your game play:
- It has an iSight camera capable of 12-megapixel photos, 5-megapixel FaceTime HD and 4K videos. Theses capabilities give you the power to post high-quality selfies and video brags to your social media channels after you out-game your friends. As an added bonus, you can now record and share gameplay via ReplayKit.
- The 64-bit A9 Chip provides power that was once only found in desktops.
- Its longer battery life means more time to play games between charges.
- Its updated SceneKit, SpriteKit and Metal enhances gaming performance. Metal increases performance by making better use of the 6s’ CPU/GPU, and the updated SceneKit (for 2D games) and SpriteKit (for 3D games) make the games look better.
4 Exclusive iOS Games to Download From the App Store
- Naught Reawakening is a platformer, or a game where you guide a character through obstacles on a scrolling (single) screen. However, this game is not like old-school platformers, such as Donkey King. Instead, you navigate Naught through more than 30 levels of a shadowy underground setting by playing with gravity. Naught, who adapts to the game’s surroundings as he goes, changes his walking, clings to walls and more. It’s a game you need to experience yourself to fully appreciate.
- Mr. Jump has a simple premise and simple graphics, but it is super addicting. Reminiscent of Super Mario Brothers, you guide your block-headed and featureless avatar through a plethora of obstacles to get from point A to point B. This game keeps you entertained for hours.
- Vainglory Picture is a multiplayer online battle arena game that takes full advantage of the iPhone 6s’ new capabilities. The game is fast-paced as you engage other characters in three-on-three battles. The goal of the game? Destroy Vain. Even if you aren’t usually into war games, Vainglory Picture’s amazing graphics and user-friendly touch screen controls may win you over.
- Mr. Crab is a fast, arcade-style game that gives you a beautiful visual experience that looks so much better with the iPhone 6s’ graphics. The protagonist, Mr. Crab, is adorable, too. You’ll have fun taking him on an adventure.
Photo via Pixabay