Zehr is a contributing writer for Gold Star Games, your tailgating games company.
This week around the NHL the trade rumors are flying and Sidney Crosby is once again dominating the headlines.
Whether you are an avid Tweeter, blog reader or just cannot get enough of the NHL Network, chances are you have heard it all.
Here are some of the top headlines are the NHL this week.
Tuomo Ruutu Trade Rumors are Flying
Ruutu has heard rumors that he is going to be traded to virtually any team in the NHL. He has even joked with reporters that he must be playing very well. Meanwhile, Ruutu has had no points in his last seven games.
Yet, he still leads the Hurricanes with 15 goals and 99 hits. While he is in the final year of his contract, the rumor mill indicates that he could be one of the most significant players traded this month.
Crosby Watch Continues
Once again, the eyes of the NHL are on Sidney Crosby. In a press conference earlier this week at Consol Energy Center, Crosby and the Pens general manager (Ray Shero) spent 16 minutes shedding new light on this nagging injury.
The most important information we all got from this press conference includes:
- Crosby’s team of doctors have indicated that there is no evidence of a neck fracture – past or present.
- Doctors have indicated that Crosby does have a soft tissue injury in his neck. This could be the reason for his concussion-like symptoms.
- Crosby has indicated that he still had some symptoms, but he is feeling much better.
- There is still no timetable for Crosby’s return.
- Crosby has no disappoint in the care he received from the Penguin’s medical team.
- And perhaps most importantly, Crosby has indicated he is not a doctor and cannot answer specific medical questions!